Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How I spent my morning...


Those backyard chickens of mine wanted to do a bit of free ranging today... so I had to booby trap the garlic beds with tomato cages so they'd stay away...


Unfortunately I forgot about the leeks... now I only have a few left...
I wonder if tomorrow's eggs will taste like onions?


I wonder how much dirt a chicken eats in a day...
I kinda think the chickens are a little dirty from all the rain (and mud) we've had this winter... Am I suppose to give them a bath? Am I a bad chicken Mama for letting them out of the coop with dirty feathers?

I filled the 2nd garden box with strawberries and it doesn't even look like I made a dent in the old patch...


I did find Tonto though... he was buried under a pile of compost...


I also finished my addition to the raspberry patch... now all I have to do is wait about another month... then I'll transplant some canes...


After all that hard work...I made myself a giant batch of nachos for lunch...
right about that time the handsome husband called to ask me what I was up to (as if he needs to worry)... I told him I had just finished working in the garden... and I was currently sitting in my flannel pj's eating a big plate of nachos with 2 smashed avocados on top...

Then he asked...

"What do you do...eat all the GOOD FOOD when I'm not home?"

Nice...
I'll remember that one.


4 comments:

  1. Oh that last part made me laugh out loud. I can hear him asking you that. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to have time (alone!) to work out in the garden! Very nice work, indeed. And, those nachos...why did you have to go and do that to me? They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE nachos! AND guacamole...YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leopard Girl...What can I say? He's a dork.

    Thyhand...If you'd just move next door to me I could make you a plate for lunch too...

    Camille: I wonder if they make guacamole lotion... I LOVE the way it smells... I think I could eat it every day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!