Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mavis's Weekly Photo Update...


I think the first step in the 12 step program is admitting that you have a problem.
I have a problem... and it's called coupons... thank goodness I have "must do" activities scribbled onto my calendar... otherwise I would spend every waking moment at this point searching for "free" stuff via double coupons. Luckily... my obsessive compulsive disorder (self diagnosed of course) comes in cycles... I get bored rather quickly... and then I move on to the next "new thing". Only... how does one get tired of saving money? I'm afraid this habit might be here to stay... I mean it's already been a whole week... and I'm still clipping coupons like a crazy woman...


Here's something else I don't understand... I thought chickens were suppose to stop laying in winter... but these girls have been laying all winter long...


Ooooo lookey here... you know what this is don't you?
Wood Stain...


For the garden boxes...
It's time to spruce them up...


And look... the chives are back in town...


Oh, and look at this... 2 brand spankin new garden boxes...
That handsome husband of mine is acting awfully suspicious lately... not only did he get up early last Saturday and buy me some wood for my new raised garden beds... but he BUILT THEM TOO... This is shocking behavior from a man who wants nothing to do with a garden... another thing to note: he was spotted near the Eglu this weekend... starring at the chickens (smack in the middle of a televised football game) ... What the heck is going on with this man? Suspicious behavior indeed...


Well... there you have it... my weekly update...
and a view... from the garden gate.

4 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle at ALL THOSE COUPONS!! Your new garden beds look great ~ and I think it's a sign of your hubby's devotion and love that he's taking an interest ~ So sweet! :)

    Have a great day!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille... either that or he LOVES that the coupons are bringing him free junk food... hmmm I'll have to think about that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking the same thing about those chickens of ours...I have 3 dozen eggs in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie... an eggcellent recipe that uses 11 eggs is "Egg Bread" I found the perfect recipe on allrecipes.com You can serve the bread with dinner and then make french toast the next morning...yummm a roo!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!