Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekly dinner round up...


Smelly brussel sprouts (free & from a box in the frozen food section)... with free pasta and home canned tomato sauce...


Pancakes, bacon (from happy pigs) and eggs from our hens...
I don't know about you...but I like ketchup with my eggs...


After I worked all day in the yard... I came inside and the handsome husband asked... What's for dinner?
This is what I came up with.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who serves french fries, rice, graham crackers with peanut butter, cheese and crackers, 1 quesadilla and fruit and veggies for dinner...


If you've never made homemade tortilla's before...
MAKE THESE...
You will never go back to crappy store bought tortillas...
EVER!


They were sooooo good
that I ate my dinner over the sink next to the blue sponge...
and I NEVER eat over the sink (I think it might be a man thing)
but they were so stinkin good that I could not wait to sit down...

Chicken Curry and asparagus...


Soft taco's... with homemade tortillas...again...
this time I was able to sit down at the table and eat them...
3 of them to be exact...

4 comments:

  1. It all looks delicious, simply delicious. Do you know what I'm making for dinner tonight? Homemade Chimichangas! I thought of you and all the free ones you've gotten. I'll let you know how they turn out so you could make more of JJ's tortillas!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES...those are the BEST tortillas ever!! Yummy! :)

    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken curry looks good.

    I'm glad you like the tortillas. I need to make more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mavis! I just got done perusing through many of your posts...and I'm still laughing! I can't believe how much "food" you've gotten for FREE! And I thought I was frugal! I found it interesting that there is never a coupon for REAL food...kind of scary I think. I had an idea while reading here...and taking note of all the small sizes of goods...maybe you could put together some Ziploc bags (the free ones of course!) and fill them with goodies for the homeless? Interesting thing I read...
    http://thehomelessguy.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/gift-bags-for-homeless-people/

    OK...I'm off to clip coupons. I'm NOT too busy to save money!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!