Friday, August 28, 2009

Busy filling freezer #2

That wonderful handsome husband of mine came home yesterday with a shiny new freezer for me.....I say me because if food preservation were left up to this man we would all be drinking coke and eating Doritos and cold corn dogs and sitting on aluminum folding chairs watching a giant man sized tv in our underroos.

Men....God love 'em....they provide for their families and lift heavy objects and us women take care of the rest.....and I'm not complaining...trust me.....I love my husband....but men are pretty simple....food...shelter...beer (my husband is Irish so this would qualify as a necessity for him) and well....you know the other thing.

So yes, the freezer is all mine....to fill with 10,005 loaves of zucchini bread and all the blackberries I can pick....

Happy Birthday thyhand.....if I lived closer I would of baked you a pie.....
but too bad for you.....I'll just have to eat the whole thing myself....distance does have it's perks!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww. Mavis, you are such a sweetheart. I am blowing my candle out from here- how'd I do?

    Congratulations on the freezer!!!!!! You will love it, as I am sure you already do:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny Mavis! We are are so desperate for freezer space that we turned one of our little refrigerators into a freezer...this happened last year too. Perhaps we should follow suit and buy another freezer as well.

    Having looked at the contents of your 2009 freezer we realized, horror upon horrors, that we forgot to make rhubarb sauce this year. No beer, television, Doritos's, or coke for me today...my wife says I have to pick and cook rhubarb....thanks a lot!:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!