Monday, September 7, 2009

110lb harvest today......

Today was a great day in the garden....
we harvested over 110lbs of homegrown organic goodness....

6lbs 7oz. of those dumb eight ball zucchini.....I will not be growing those again that's for sure...

and also 1lb of cucumbers.....we put those in a cucumber/onion/ tomato salad....

We also brought in another 20+lbs of heirloom tomatoes

we finally harvested the potatoes I've been watering and let's just say...that YES
.....watering makes a difference....

These are quite possibly the largest All Red potatoes that I've ever seen.....
Holy crackers....from just 2.5lbs of seed potatoes grew 75lbs of All Red Potatoes and about 8lbs of fingerlings.
......if only I had only watered all of them....

not bad for living in suburbia....

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE some homemade potato soup for my birthday :) Counting down the days until the Sausage Party! xoxo Leopard Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEESTER... you are so easy to please.....consider it a done deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! And to think...I weighed 110 pounds in college...that was a long time ago....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!