Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday food budget update....


I have $158.53 left for the next 114days (not inc. milk money). Last week we spent $4 on 2 boxes of ritz crackers... and $12.47 on the world's crappiest take out Chinese food on the planet. Seriously. The handsome husband wanted to buy the kids lunch.....and my daughter choose Chinese take out. We thought we'd try somewhere new. Now, I knew I was not going to win the battle of "honey, let's just eat something out of the fridge" .....I knew it would backfire if I spoke up and said that.....so I just went along with it...... and as it turns out...I'm glad I did....cause it lead to a discussion of how good our own stir fry dinners are and how they maybe cost $3 to make and there are tons of leftovers for lunch the next day. So yes, I was bummed to see $12.47 leave my wallet BUT....a good lesson was learned. Home cooking is BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!