Friday, October 2, 2009

Butternut 911.....

Help...I need help....
Now, I've never grown butternut squash before but I do know they are suppose to be a tan color.
But this is what my butternuts look like.....
pale yellow...trying to be tan...
do I keep letting them grow til frost?
Will they even grow with the evening temps hovering around 45 degrees here in Seattle?
Will they ripen in time?
Do I chuck them onto the compost bin?
What do I do?
I did read that you can use up the babies like you would summer squash so I am going to try that in some stir fry tonight....
but what do I do with the big guys?
I really hope I don't have to toss them....
I really want to eat them...
and
I need the poundage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!