Friday, January 22, 2010

Mavis and her morning at the thrift store...


I had some extra time on my hands today so I stopped by the thrift store looking for bargains... Apparently someone did not like their Christmas present...


Note to self: If I ever brake my leg... check the thrift store first before paying big bucks for a pair of brand new crutches...


At first I thought this was a Buddha cookie jar...
then I realized that NO... in fact it was a Sumo Wrestler cookie jar...
not that it makes grabbing cookies out of a man's belly any more appetizing...


I thought this might be a cool jar to have...
then I remembered I have over 500 canning jars at home...
and really... what do I need with another glass jar...


Ahhh... Mr. Rockwell... as much as I like his artwork...
I cannot imagine piling up a bunch of turkey and mashed potatoes on top of Norman...
I think it would kinda creep me out if all the sudden I took a big fork full of food and found him starring back at me...


Ditto that on the creepy Buddy Holly plate...
I do like his glasses though...


Return to sender is right...
I wonder who was the marketing genius who came up with "Rock Star dishes from the 50's"


If you ever took high school ceramics... there is a high possibility that your Mother boxed up your prized art work and donated it to the goodwill...


I got soooo excited when I saw this 'Nsync box.... I thought for sure I was holding Leopard Girls future birthday present in my hand... But then I noticed it was Lance Bass...


Leopard girl only has eyes for Mr. Justin Timberlake.... in fact every Thanksgiving she gives thanks for the fact that Mr. T is still single... I suppose that's her way of telling herself "There's still hope he might come and whisk me off my feet one day"...


If you were wondering where the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz is spending his retirement... He's enjoying his leisure time at the Goodwill... Isle 7 in the housewares department.


What is this guys name?
Help me out here... who is he?


Holy Crackers... this table cloth matches Thyhands kitchen towels...
I bet she could make like 30 towels out of this... then her husband the Bionic Man would be able to figure out which towel is for hands... and which is for drying dishes...


This is cute... not that I wear skirts...


Now these would go lovely with my sock monkey pajama's...
But I draw the line at used slippers... it's kinda up there with buying used under garments...
Hey, we all have our limits...


Ahhh... and now... for the REAL REASON I go the thrift store on a weekly basis...
the formal wear dresses...
I think someone cleaned out their closet circa 1972... This would bee the perfect dress... if you are a bee charmer that is...


Oh, say no more...


Look at this beauty...
I would of actually purchased the powder blue dress... it was only $6.99...
What a bargain... but sadly it had a stain on the back...


Now, if this fine piece of polyester doesn't say...
"Va Va Voom..."
I don't know what does...

6 comments:

  1. What fun you have! And, that table cloth? I think it might be my dish towel's long lost mother. My towel can't believe you found her and is very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that blue dress. Can't you figure out a way to get the stain out? But when you wear it, you'll have to go to dinner parties that require you to recline on couches, drink goblets of wine, and have as the main course a pig with an apple in its mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I already have the JT bobblehead. I think Big Rita got it for my birthday the year they came out. And, if I'm not mistaken I believe the doll is supposed to be Steve Urkel from 'Family Matters'?? And, did we ever get to see what dress you wore to the xmas party???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's your lucky day---I'm giving you an award! (Kind of.) Come and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinking of me, Mavis, but I'm afraid that many new dishtowels would lead to several new dishtowel categories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thyhand...I let out a little "Holy Crackers" when I saw the table cloth... the last next to me gave me a weird look and moved away quickly... it was hilarious :)

    MamaJJ...I agree... that is a very attractive dress... I was thinking fondue but a roasted pig with an apple in it's mouth is way more classy... And thanks for the award...I'll check it out tomorrow...(Saturday) you know... the day I stay in bed in my flannel pj's all day :)

    Leopard Girl...I was sick on Christmas... so I wore the brown stretchy dress with ugg boots instead... Maybe I'll wear the formal dress to the baby shower... or to Panera... or to Home Depot... I haven't quite decided yet.

    Po Pharmer/Bionic Man...is there a medication you can recommend for obsessive compulsive towel disorder? Check your books... I'm sure it's in there...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!