Saturday, February 27, 2010

What did Mavis do today?


With all my coupons organized...
I finally had some extra time on my hands...
You know... for things like...
cleaning out my closet & preparing a home cooked meal.

I found this at the bottom of the sock pile...
When and why did I buy this?


Here's a tip...
If ever in a foreign country... let's say France...
When you ask a total stranger to take your photo in front of a famous monument...
Be sure and tell them to get the WHOLE MONUMENT
in the photo... that way... when you go to Costco to have your pictures printed...
you won't be disappointed that they cut off the top of the Eiffel Stinkin Tower.


I found a penny on the handsome husbands side of the closet...
Shhh... don't tell him...cause it's mine now...


Awwww... don't you love children's artwork?
Monkey boy made this self portrait for me a few years back.
I LOVE IT
Although in real life his head is not shaped like a potato...
nor does he sport a yellow mohawk on one side of his head.


Do rats eat socks?
I wonder if the rats are back?
The last two we had did not make it back to their families...
so maybe now they are coming back for revenge.


Then Monkey boy asked me to take him to Target so he could pick something up...
Lucky for me... I brought along my snazz
y new coupon purse and scored EVERYTHING ON THE TABLE... for FREE... and it's a good thing too... because I am down to like $6 until March first. Speaking of staying on budget... I wanted to make this soup I had seen earlier today so I headed down to the Hillbilly's to do some trading.


Mrs. Hillbilly wanted to trade me some paper popcorn holders and parmesan cheese for a bottle of body wash... But I didn't think that was a very good trade. After all... we eat our popcorn out of a bowl... not paper popcorn holders from the $1 section at Target...


She tried to reason with me...
she said look... "We re-use them... see the tape on the bottom? You can use these over and over again... so really Mavis... these are in fact a good trade."


Then I noticed 2 loaves of bread on her counter... and asked Mrs. Hillbilly if she was going to eat all of it...
then she offered me a slice of her cheesecake (for the handsome husband) and a half loaf of bread. Have I told you how much I love Mrs. Hillbilly... I mean really ... the woman puts up with quite a lot... I do in fact realize that being my friend is not a walk in the park...


Then she offered to put the bread in a ziplock bag
my eyes got big with the possibility of a FREE ziplock bag...
I hope she didn't notice how excited I was about the free bag...


So then we were up to free popcorn holders, a slice of cheesecake, 1/2 loaf of bread and parmesan cheese... now HER SIDE of the bargain was looking a little on the heavy side... Then I surprised her with "Hey, is that a chinet plate the cheesecake is on? Do you like chinet plates? Would you like me to pick you up a (free) package at Albertson's on Sunday when I use my double coupons?"


"Yes, that would be a great trade Mavis... oh and here are some more coupons for you... my MIL (thanks K) dropped these off for you."

******

Part 2 of Mavis's exciting day...


So... remember that soup I told you about? I saw it on JJ's blog this morning...
and it sounded divine...


So I followed the directions to a "T"...


And somehow... somehow... my soup turned out YELLOW...
...what's up with that?
I felt like Bridget Jones when she was making her birthday dinner for her friends and Mr. Darcy shows up and they end up with BLUE soup for dinner...
Why is my soup yellow??????


FYI... it tasted great...
I have no idea what I did wrong...
and I hope I don't die because I ate semi-raw egg garlic yellow soup...
So if you don't hear back from me on Sunday...
Call the paramedics...

*****

However, just to be extra cautious...
I will leave the following note on my nightstand

4 comments:

  1. Holy bean bags Batman!! You have no idea the amount of belly rolling laughs we had this morning reading this post!! In fact, I called Ken out of bed so I could show him! He came down, sat right next to me & laughed his rearendolla off. You rock!! Maybe you can put a lil peanut butter on the bug and use it in a mouse trap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to change your name to Miss Barter Queen. You made quite the trade ... maybe you could have a little private 'sale' out of your garage to supplement the grocery fund until payday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How DO you come up with all this Mavis??? I read through it all and you amaze me with your wit and humour! You are right...Mrs. Hillbilly is a great friend ~ how wonderful that you could do a trade or you would be eating only Hagan Daas (sp?) ice cream for the next two days! AND how DID you get that FREE ice cream?? I think I need to shop double coupons south of the border...really, you are inspiring me. BUT I am afraid of ending up in the room next to you at the rehab centre! LOL...just joking! :)

    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr H... if the economy collapses somehow I don't think body wash will be on the "high priority" list... but then again... it may be considered a "luxury item"... and that means I could get something real good in trade :) I think you may be on to something! And... nice picture by the way :)

    Kathy... I think I'll save the bug ice cube for when my brother comes over :)

    Mrs. Mac... true... but I'd rather go around to my neighbors and play Pilgrims and Indians and see what I come home with instead... plus it reinforces the fact that I'm a little crazy... and people tend to leave the crazy's alone :)

    Camille... COUPONS Camille... COUPONS... and if you end up next to me in the treatment center I think that would be kinda fun... we could plan a great escape... I mean half the fun is trying to get out...right?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!