Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alert the Media... The Handsome Husband Cooks Dinner...


The handsome husband is thankful that asparagus is in season...
and that I've been buying it for him lately...
I personally am not a fan of the green stalks...
BUT...
I have discovered something new that I DO like...
Only I forgot what it's called...
It's a cross between broccoli and asparagus...
which is kinda funny...
because I don't like broccoli... or asparagus...


I saw this recipe in Cooking Light magazine and wanted to try it...
Notice how I said try it ... not make it... (it looked too complicated)
So I had the handsome husband make it for me for my Birthday dinner...
...Amazing I know...
The man cooks like twice a year...


And Oh My was it good...
If only I could get that man to cook more often...

*****

I highly suggest you enlarge the recipe photo (or check the magazine out from the library) and make this dish yourself... or get your better half to make it for you...

YUMM A LISH!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And how many years do you have under your belt now? (Yes, I'm bold, brash, and nosy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband appears to be quite the chef, the meal looks most appetizing. Lucky Mavis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, a birthday meal...made by the hubby = BLISS =) Send him over to me, my hubby is a phenominal cook. Ken could train him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ... very old... like Yoda... only I don't wear a cape.

    Mr. H...If only he would cook more... he uses lame excuses like "I have to work all day to put a roof over our heads... I don't have time to cook."

    Kathy... I'll tell him Ken if offering free cooking classes!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments BUT if you know who we are...due to the fact that we are currently enrolled in the international witness relocation program because of a moon shining incident in Dingle, Ireland involving 3 Mutton, a pair of red shoes and a road flare .... please do not reveal our personal information.... You know.... like names, places, or our favorite brand of toilet paper :) Hey, thanks!